Tuesday 29 January 2013

Nivea Express Hydration Primer

My oily skin is the bane of my life, it's not so bad in winter but when it gets a bit warmer I get shinier. And that's not a good look. So, I'm always on the hunt for the newest primer or mattifying lotions to help with this. I was accidentally in Superdrug again the other day (these accidental visits keep happening :-/ ) and picked up the new Express Hydration Primer from Nivea. I watched the ad on tv and got swayed. The fact that this is a bargain at £4.99 helped.
I was a bit sceptical about this because its packaged just like their moisturisers and so I judged a book by its cover and didn't hold out much hope. But after using this under my makeup for the past week or so I have been converted. You use it to moisturise/hydrate/prime just before foundation but it can also be used alone. The texture is a cross between a gel and a moisturiser, it smells lovely and sinks in very quickly. I found that it helped my foundation to go on much more smoothly than usual, and it kept my skin matte all day, which is a bit of a revelation for me! I'm so pleased I bought this and ill continue to repurchase. The Express Hydration also comes in a formula for dry skin for those who lack an oil slicked face. Have you tried it?
Thanks for reading. Love, Steph xxx

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I totally wrote this off too, I find a good mattifying primer hard to come by,but I think Ill give this a whirl now thats its worked for you

    ReplyDelete