Thursday 18 April 2013

Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick.

I'm back from my Easter holidays!! ;) I've noticed recently that Revlon have been bringing sooo many new products out, it's hard to keep up. It seems like every time I pass the stand there's a gazillion new products calling to me.(makeup talks to me. Yes it does yes it does yes it does).
One of the new products I wanted to pick up was the new Ultimate Suede lipstick, mainly because it forms part of their Colourstay line, which also contains my very favourite foundation. I opted for 010 Womenswear, which is a natural pink colour, and was £8.99 from Boots or Superdrug. These are meant to be long-wear, semi-matte(suede) lipsticks with added moisturising ingredients so I was excited to get my hands on one.
I really like the sturdy packaging, the lid is very secure and I also like that u can see the lipstick colour through the plastic.
I've worn this a few times now, and it pretty much delivers what it promises. The formula is very creamy and smooth to apply, and after about 10 mins it gets a little bit sticky, which I assume is what allows it to stay on the lips so well. This doesn't bother me but might irritate people who want to forget they're wearing a lip colour. I applied this in the morning and the colour lasted through 3 drinks and 2 meals before it started to fade a little. It does feel more moisturising than a matte lipstick, and isnt drying at all. At this point I reapplied but at a stretch you could get away without doing so, as I find the colour leaves a bit of a stain on the lips. The only odd thing I notice with the lipstick is that when I apply it I get a natural pink colour which gradually darkens a little bit over time. But maybe this is just me?!
Overall, this is nice and I would recommend it, however I don't love it enough to rush out and purchase any others...one last point to note is that there isnt a massive range of colours to choose from. Have you tried these?
Thanks for reading, Love Steph xxx





2 comments: