Saturday 6 April 2013

Weight Loss

Today I'm writing a different kind of thing, away from beauty and makeup. This time last year I was bigger. 3 and a half stone bigger. I had had 3 children, youngest was 8 months. I had moved far away from my home and family, and so had lost my support network and my job. I was a bit down to say the least (not depressed). I had made 2( just 2 ) friends in my new home and I just didn't know what to focus on other than my children and school runs. I had up to this point always been unhappy with my weight but being in this new place by myself, even after having a baby and initially losing weight I eventually ended up heavier than ever before. So when my friend Steph(no.2) suggested joining Slimming World I jumped on that shit!! We started going to the gym 4/5 days a week. Between this and the slimming world plan I started to feel much more in control of my life. It's taken over a year but I am much more happy, confident and most importantly fitter. The weight loss is an extra special by-product. I don't want use this post to advise or inspire anyone to lose weight, just wanted to share the ways I've made my quality of life a bit better. For me it took being a bit smaller to make me happy, but I truly admire anyone who is happy no matter what their size. I think that fitness and health are the most important thing, but for me, losing a bit of weight has helped me in feeling less like the elephant in the room. I wouldn't have started blogging had I not embarked on a journey of change. I have shared a picture below of the years difference and I think in the after picture (I'm on the right) you can see much more self confidence in my face. Thanks for reading, Love Steph xxx

8 comments:

  1. You've both done so well and look fantastic (and pretty!)
    I still have quite a way to go but I'm just over and stone and a half now! Loving SW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both look great! well done! : ) X X X
    loralovessequincoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post hun, you are looking great and your happiness shines from your beaming smiley face when I watch your videos :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pass your comment along to Steph, she does the videos but not this blog! Lol x

      Delete
  4. I'm back, and at a reasonable hour!! I still love your post and I can totally relate to the boost in confidence from weight loss :D You both look fab :D x *Blonde moment over*

    ReplyDelete