Saturday 27 April 2013

What's in my travel makeup bag?

I rarely travel from home, but had to get up at 6am today to catch a train for an induction day for my new job. Usually I do makeup at home but to save time I brought it with me as the train journey was lonnngggg. Hopefully I didn't horrify too many people pre-makeup! I thought I'd post about what products I brought-these are the things that work, last all day and I know I can trust. I didn't wear eyeshadow today but if I had wanted to I would've brought my Urban Decay Naked2 pallette.
To prep my skin I brought Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream, which does what it says on the tin, and helps to mattify as its oil free and geared towards combination skin. I then applied Benefit Porefessional as a primer to fill in pores and help my foundation last longer. My base consisted of Revlon Colourstay foundation and concealer and Nearly Naked powder-these three work really well together. To contour I used Dainty Doll blush in Money Talks, and for blush I used My Girl also from Dainty Doll. Like a gazillion other bloggers I got mine super cheap from fragrancedirect.co.uk and I'm really impressed with the pigmentation and lasting power of these. I filled my brows in with MUA brow kit, then applied painterly paint pot from MAC on my eyelids just to even out any redness and discolouration there. For mascara I brought Loreal Telescopic Infinite Length mascara. And that was it, I didn't put anything other than a lip balm on my lips. My brushes are pictured below and are a mixture of Real Techniques, Crownbrush and Royal and Langnickel. This was as basic as I get with makeup but I hope it helps others to see what products I love and what works for me. Do you use any of these? Thanks for reading, Love Steph xxx



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I could never do my make up on the train. I need a steady place lol x

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love porefessional and adore Dainty Doll blushes! We've got similar products in our makeup bags! Snap! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me smile as its something I would be getting up to! I need to collect more brushes though! Well heal! ;) x

    ReplyDelete