Saturday 20 October 2012

Model Co Fibre Lash : A Review

After a month of testing and playing with this product I'm finally ready to review it! This is essentially a two step mascara system which promises to give a false lash effect, it can be found at Boots and retails for around £35, although I picked mine up at Olympia beauty show for a massive discounted price of £10.

Firstly, I have to say I love the packaging. Inside the box is a velvety tray housing the wax mascara and the lash fibres in the smaller tube. The tubes feel heavy, not flimsy or cheap and I quite like the shiny silver exterior. The instructions state that you first apply a coat of mascara, then a coat of the lash fibres and then a final coat of mascara. The first coat needs to be wet when u apply the fibres so that they stick to it, then you need to let this dry before applying the final coat of mascara.

The above pic shows what the two steps look like and below are the two mid-application

Those are some dodgy pics aren't they?? Lol I am by no means a photography buff!!
This last picture shows the end result


If you are thinking that this sounds like a lot of faffing about for some lashes which aren't THAT much better than I can achieve with a regular mascara then...you would be right. I think that this takes three times as long to apply so that's fine if you have the time, but on those days when you're in a rush this isn't for you. I DO like the results and I will use it, however I think the retail price of £35 is actually ridiculous. I don't mind paying £10 but I would never repurchase it at the retail price.

The effects last all day on me, it doesn't smudge or move around and it is easy to take off. I think people who don't like to wear false lashes or can't get the hang of them will love this product.

Has anyone tried it and if so what are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading, Love Steph xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment