Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Perfect Autumn/Fall Lip

As a rule, I'm a neutral/nude lip kinda girl but this year I couldn't help but notice the deep wine coloured lip trend which is everywhere as we transition into autumn. At first it scared me, and I think a lot of people feel the same about wearing such a bold statement lip, but I decided to embrace it and went on the hunt to find something which would be on trend but also suitable for a low maintenance (read lazy) girl like me! I went to boots and superdrug to see what I could find... Enter Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. I have read much about these beauties and actually picked up a couple of the nudey pinky colours when they were first released. But what I found was this....

This shade is 005 Crush and it is a deep berry colour, exactly what I was looking for. I swatched it below to show that it can be applied sheerly but also built up quite a bit
 
This product is perfect for someone like me who doesn't always have time to check and reapply a deep lip colour during the day because its essentially a stain as the name suggests. On application there is a minty scent which I love, but this quickly disappears and youare left with what feels like a balm on your lips. Whilst the balm does wear off in a couple of hours, the colour does not and this is why I love it so much! I put it on in the morning and wear it through lunch and dinner and numerous coffees and it just does not budge. The tip is tapered and this means application is easy and precise, foolproof almost, which is a good thing when applying bold colours. The colour is very buildable so be careful if you reapply each time after the balm wears off because it will get deeper. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains can be found in Boots and Superdrug and are priced at just under £8, which I consider to be a bargain because you get so much product but it lasts so well, I can't see how you would get through a full one even if you wore it every day. The colours range through pinks to red to orange to nude to berry and are definitely worth checking out and investing.
Has anyone else tried these and if so what are your thoughts?
Thanks for reading,
Love, Steph xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment