Wednesday 6 March 2013

Best Budget Buys

I love a good bargain and I don't like to pay too much for something high-end if a cheaper product works just as well. So I thought I'd share my best bargain makeup buys, these are things that I've tried, tested, love and will repurchase.
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
Foundation is the one thing I will spend money on, I usually use Revlon Colourstay but it's almost £13 and having read rave reviews on the Nearly Naked I thought I'd give it a whirl, especially as its £6.99 in Superdrug now. I was sceptical as I like a fuller coverage and this is billed as a sheer to medium coverage, which I was a bit unsure of given my oily/combination skin but I love it! It evens out skin tone, has a medium coverage in my opinion, and set with some powder it lasted all day. It gives me a really healthy glow, definitely my current favourite.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Everyone raves about this and with good cause. It's £4.29, it gives brilliant coverage under the eye and on any blemishes, it doesn't crease and it lasts all day. Job done!
Makeup Academy (MUA)
I had to include this brand as a whole, but special mention goes to the £1 range found in Superdrug. The single eyeshadows are well pigmented with a massive shade range,I've depotted mine into a 15pan pallette for easier storage. The lipsticks are also crazily pigmented for the price and I find them to be quite moisturising, and at £1 a pop it's easy to build a good range of colours in your collection. Same goes for the blushers. It's an amazing brand for teenagers just starting out in makeup and those who want nice makeup without spending a fortune!
Maybelline Colour Tattoos
Best cream eyeshadows ever. These have some gorgeous shades, although they have more in America :( What I love about these is whilst they're good as a base for eyeshadows they are also lovely on their own as a wash of colour on the lid as they set and don't crease. They are the only high street product I've come across that are comparable to MAC paint pots but they retail at £4.99 and last forever.
Barry M Nail Polish/Dazzle Dusts
I hate spending too much on nail polish because as a mum of 3 I just think my nails will chip no matter what brand I use. Barry M are always ahead of the latest nail trends having just released some textured polishes. I love the Gelly hi shine polishes, they're so shiny! Polishes are between £2.99-£4.99 for the swanky ones.And the glitter polishes make me swoon. Their tiny pots of pigments and glitter have been around for as long as I can remember and I have so many of them. Vast colour range and they're so versatile, they can be used dry as a shadow or wet as an intense colour or eyeliner, and at less than a fiver too.
NYC Showtime Mascara/Expert Last Lipstick
NYC are a brand I'd ignored but their expert last lipsticks are under £2 each and amazing. Nicely scented, pigmented and don't dry my lips out. The Showtime mascara may not be my favourite ever but it's nice and adds length and volume, an if you're on a budget £2.99 is a fantastic price for a mascara.
Sleek Eyeshadow Pallettes
I think I own every single one of these ever released. Best eyeshadow hands down to be found on the high street. I've been buying these since my teenage years and I will forevermore. They have a huge colour range, they don't fade off my lids like other eyeshadows can and are so well priced at £7.99 for 12 eyeshadows.
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Another product I've use for years, I've never liked any other powder to set my makeup. This does what it says on the tin and does it well. And if its good enough for Tanya Burr it's good enough for me. This costs £3.99 and lasts me a good 4/5 months.
So those are my bargain buys, what are yours?
Thanks for reading, Love Steph xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ahh deff need to have a look at the Revlon Naked foundation, heard so many good things about it. I loove the Maybelline colour tattoos, that blue shade looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's a new one called Light In Purple. Gorgeous on its own but when u layer it over the other colours it changes them! X

      Delete